We need a new bunch of children (3rd grade or older) to learn how to be an altar server, as this time of year the oldest servers discontinue their role. Please encourage your children to participate! A one-hour training session for new servers will be on Saturday, Sept. 15 and Saturday, Sept. 29 at 9:00 a.m. in church. Call Father John with questions at 507-744-2823 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5 Reasons Your Child Should be an Altar Server (From RealLifeAtHome.com)
- Builds respect and understanding of the Mass.
- It is an opportunity for leadership.
- They can serve with their friends, or make friends serving.
- Fostering a possible future vocation.
- It’s one less child that you have in your pew!