Children who have received their First Holy Communion are able to become altar servers and assist the pastor during Mass. A training session is held the second or third week in September for boys and girls to learn their role as an altar server. Watch the bulletins for a specific date. Contact the parish office if interested.
5 Reasons Your Child Should be an Altar Server (From RealLifeAtHome.com)
- Builds respect and understanding of the Mass.
- It is an opportunity for leadership.
- They can serve with their friends, or make friends serving.
- Fostering a possible future vocation.
- It’s one less kid that you have in your pew!