The Most Holy Trinity Council of Catholic Women (Altar Society) meets five times each year in January, April, June, October and December. The group supports the parish and community in a number of ways, including:
- Organizing fundraisers for the church, such as the Ho-Down Bake Sale and BINGO.
- Making and selling Mother’s Day corsages to benefit MCCL.
- Preparing the worship space for liturgical celebrations.
- Leading Rosary at a local nursing home.
- Planning parish socialization events, such as “Coffee and Donut Sundays”.
Every woman of the parish is welcome to join. Meetings include a prayer, regular business, and socialization. For more information about this group contact the parish office. To contact the Most Holy Trinity CCW/Altar Society, email email@example.com.
2017 Holiday “Giving Tree”
This year, as a parish, we will be sponsoring a couple of local families by participating in a “Giving Tree” project. Altar Society/CCW has been working with Rice County Child and Family Services who has identified two deserving families to receive gifts this year.
- Both families live in Faribault, are headed by single, working mothers who are struggling to maintain a job, their housing and raise their children.
- Family #1 has a 9-year-old boy and a 3-year-old boy.
- Family #2 has a 7-year-old girl, a 2-year-old girl, and a baby due to arrive in December.
To participate in this “Giving Tree” project, visit the Giving Tree in the vestibule. The tree is filled with ornaments and each ornament identifies a gift for one of the children or for the family. Choose an ornament from the tree and take it with you. Once you have purchased the gift, please wrap it and attach the ornament from the tree to the gift, identifying the gift. Then return it beneath the Giving Tree in the vestibule. Gifts will be collected throughout November with the final collection date on Sunday, December 3rd.
Thank you for your kindness and generosity as we keep these families and all of the other families who struggle during this season in our prayers.