Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit, and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word. (Catechism of the Catholic Church)
Baptisms are scheduled after weekend Mass for parishioners and non-parishioners. Their is a stole fee of $30 (parishioners) and $50 (non-parishioners.) To schedule a Baptism at Most Holy Trinity, please call the parish office at 507-744-2823 with the following information:
- Name of person to be baptized
- Date and place of birth
- Parent’s names
- Godparent/Sponsor names*
* A person to be baptized is to be given a sponsor who assists an adult in Christian initiation or, together with the parents, present an infant for baptism. A sponsor also helps the baptized person to lead a Christian life in keeping with the Catholic faith.
Code of Canon Law:
- There is to be only one male sponsor or one female sponsor or one of each.
- A sponsor must:
- Be designated by the parents and have the aptitude and intention of fulfilling this role.
- Be over the age of 16.
- Be a confirmed Catholic who leads a life of faith in keeping with their role.
- Meet the qualifications of Church law for sponsorship.
- Not be the father or mother of the one to be baptized.
A baptized, non-Catholic may participate if a Catholic who meets the requirements outlined above has been designed as the other sponsor.
In the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, the Sacrament of First Eucharist is administered when a child is in second grade. Preparation is required and takes place through LNMV Religious Education or Holy Cross Catholic School. Contact those programs to register your child.
If you are baptized Catholic but have never received the Eucharist, please contact the parish office to make arrangements for instruction.
- Holy Orders
- Anointing of the Sick
To learn more about receiving any of the seven sacraments including: Baptism, Eucharist, Reconciliation, Confirmation, Marriage, Holy Orders, and Anointing of the Sick, please contact the parish office at 507-744-2823.